Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Complications

I just sent this email out to my mom's 'support team' via email, at her request:

Urgent Prayer Request

It's not Sherri... It's Lindsay (tricky, hey?).

Geoff and I - along with Jess and Kevin - were over at my mom and dad's place for dinner tonight, and my mom was feeling progressively worse. She developed an abcess beneath her surgical incision today, and it was growing in size. As it grew, her pain started to increase and she was fighting fainting spells from the pain.

Fortunately, her surgeon is on call tonight - so my parents left for the hospital a few minutes ago. There, they'll drain the abcess and check her out to make sure that everything is okay.

My mom asked that I email all of you, her support team, and ask you to please pray:
1. That things will go smoothly at the hospital tonight
2. That there aren't any complications (specifically, that the abcess doesn't mean there's an infection)
3. That she'll be feeling better again very soon
4. That she'll experience peace in the place of panic over this unexpected complication

I'm sure that one of my parents will be able to update everyone later tomorrow, once we know more about what's going on.

Thank you so much! I know that your love and prayers and support mean the world to her (to all of us).


-

I also really want to share this song with all of you (two in one day!). It's an amazing song by Ginny Owens called 'If You Want Me To' that was incredibly important to me when I was dealing with some dark arthritis days. My mom told me that she rediscovered it this week - and it was too amazing and encouraging to me not to share.

I apologize for this appallingly bad homemade video someone created to accompany the song... Just close your eyes and listen :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words to the song and I'm sure your Mom did not choose this particular valley. Love and prayers...

 
At April 29, 2008 9:17 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Prayers for your mom Lindsay and the rest of your family. God will be there we know that, we pray for peace and calmness for your mom.

 
At April 29, 2008 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am grieved for you all and us.
Surely God knows whats going on and will come thru again in His own way.He wants us to ask and again I ask for His peace and loving arms to hold her close and assure her that He wants us to trust even in the hard times.Actually ,we all need His Hand over us for peace and trust to hold us as we ask for His calming ,healing Spirit over us. Psalm 91.Love,Eva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home