Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, I have to pack first. But THEN, I'm leaving on a jet plane. At 12.10 tomorrow, to be precise (probably more like 12.20, because we're flying Air Canada :)

I will endeavor to update my blog on our trip if we can...

VACATION! HONEYMOON! EUROPE! FUNNY FOOD! SHOPPING! WEIRD ACCENTS! NO WORKING! NO LAPTOP! NO CELL PHONE!

Update: 6.43 pm.
Guess I'd need to get up out of this chair (and off the internet) in order to start packing... But I am left with the centuries-old dilemma of needing to pack but also needing food. I forget the whole hierarchy of needs thing, but I suspect food ranks right up there. At least, in Lindsay's hierarchy of needs. Self-actualization is SO overrated.

Update: 7.55 pm.
Packing is started AND belly is full. Oh, the joys of being married to a man who can pack in 10 minutes flat (and who offers to make dinner while I obsess over which shoes to leave at home - they ALL deserve a European vacation!). Alas, 'dinner' is mac and cheese. One month of marriage has taught me to smile and say thank you.

Have I mentioned that it's our one month anniversary today? :)

Update: 11.18 pm.
I think that's it for tonight... Need to keep enough stuff UNpacked so I can still make myself beautiful in the morning. I think we're set. I'd be excited if I had any energy left to be excited. I'm realizing that I haven't had a full two weeks off without work in... Gosh, I don't even know. Sadly, other than surgery, I think the answer is NEVER. Even when I lost my job, I had my first freelance client lined up and fully active in less than 72 hours.

Time for a well-deserved break.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have such a good time! I would punctuate with a dozen exclamation points to get across how excited I am for you, but I won't : ) So just have fun, okay? Love you lots.

 
At October 31, 2007 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Maslov's Hierarchy - food is the very first level! Don't forget to pack your running shoes cuz you're going for the marathon in case you forgot. Have a great trip! I'm so glad you have a tall, handsome, strong man to accompany you to ward off the French policemen and other European skallywags.
love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home