Monday, January 30, 2006

Why proofreading is important...

As a general rule, I dislike stupid people. A lot. The exception? In print, when my real life has absolutely nothing to do with them, I find my reaction to stupidity is much different: they amuse me. A lot.

Case in point:
"In September, as the result of a typo in a spreadsheet, Electronic Arts issues an update to Madden NFL 06 that reduces 6-foot-3, 305-pound New York Jets lineman Michael King to a height of 7 inches. The next day, EA fixes the bug - to a chorus of complaints from customers who enjoyed watching the shin-high blocker get steamrollered by full-size players."

Check out super-funny pics of the equal-opportunity-tiny football player here.

Read all of Business 2.0's 101 Dumbest Moments in Business 2006 at
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/101dumbest/full_list/

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home