Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pilgrim Potluck 2010

I think it all started when Emily + I lived together and had a late-night discussion about the fact that neither of us had ever made a 'real' turkey dinner before.

We decided to try it out for American Thanksgiving (because she's American) and we had a super successful, entirely lovely festive meal together. It was so much fun that we decided we'd do it again, but add friends. And when those friends asked what they could bring, it slowly evolved into a potluck style dinner. A few more friends were added (including Geoff whose mom is American and The Other Jeff who's part-American - to legitimize it a little more, hehe). Work schedules meant that it was easier to do it on a weekend, the Sunday closest to American Thanksgiving happens to be Grey Cup, and - well - here we are today, celebrating another Pilgrim Potluck.

It's our very own super-holiday and my most favourite time of the year :)

Our house is starting to smell like turkey and apple cider, and it will be filling up with friends and food over the next couple of hours. I can't wait. There is simply no better way to kick off the holiday season.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures to post later, but I'm guessing that - like usual - I'll get too wrapped up in enjoying the moment to think about picking up the camera.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home