Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday Wisdom

Excerpt from 'Keep Working, Girlfriend' (Dec 31.07)

After 13 years of dealing with an unpredictable body, it seems I’ve learned that when dealing with things gone awry, there comes a point when, no matter how much you want to do certain things - you just can’t. You have to pull back to get well. You have to realize that not everything goes as you want when you want it - not great when you have so many things to get done!

Now, when I see people pushing mightily against circumstances that are preventing them from doing what they want RIGHT NOW, I mentally shake my head a bit. I know they haven’t yet realized that there’s something of a perfect order to things in life - or if they know this, they’ve temporarily forgotten. I think this is one thing I’ve learned from my illness.

I believe so much in the importance of YOU being on your support team. When people ask me about the things that may have contributed to my being in remission the past couple of years, I don’t actually know. But I think learning to pay attention to my body’s signals is one of the factors.

By the way, I’m still learning there’s a perfect order to things in life. I always want things to go my way. I just seem to have gotten a handle on all this when it comes to my body.

- Joan

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 02, 2008 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying like crazy that you will recover from this bout soon and feel better and healthy again.
I love you and don't want you to be hurting like this.

 
At January 02, 2008 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to above...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home